Still rambling

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Yikes.... 8 days since I last blogged


guess what? I DIDN'T die and go to Heaven!

I have been working a lot over the last few weeks....I haven't been back to Brantford since Mother's Day morning....

in fact, so far, in the 23 days of May, I've spent only 2 nights in Brantford... makes you wonder if it's really worth paying rent eh?? jeepers!

I spent last weekend at Muskoka Baptist Conference with my sister and her family and the rest of her worship team...
Carol invited me to come and sing with their worship team....

At first, I was pretty reluctant... after all, I SING SOUTHERN GOSPEL..... and worship songs are a bit of a stretch for me.... but I have to admit ( Dad, don't read this part ) .... I REALLY enjoyed myself....

Monday I was talking to the couple that run the book store at MBC and they said... " That sister of yours can make that piano do ANYTHING she wants... and EVERYBODY follows! " it was a sweet compliment.....

Way to go Carol... you are incredibly gifted! I was proud to be your brother this weekend!! Thanks for inviting a Southern Gospel Old Fart along!!!

5 Comments:

At May 23, 2006 9:53 p.m. , Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks for helping out with the worship Paul! It was fun to have all the gang there!

Brrrr...was it cold! So much for May!

 
At May 24, 2006 9:03 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

MBC is pretty awesome, ben there 3 times, only in the dead of winter though. Tubing off a 4 ft jump in the pitch black is great fun, i'd like to go in the summer sometime so you can actually do somthing without being in a snowmobile suit. to bad the weather was crappy, luck of the draw. Luckily they have a good indoor gym there.

 
At May 24, 2006 9:05 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

forgot to say, you wouldn't have lasted long at our retreats :) we had Pneaumatika (SP?) (the band) out of London one year (a rock band) and the other 2 yers, the music was rock-ish, t'was fun.
Good times had there, bottle rockets at 2am...ohhh to be young again.

 
At May 24, 2006 9:08 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

YOUNG again? YOU ARE young!

sheesh!! now I feel REALLY old!

 
At May 27, 2006 12:04 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

quick question ... who's the guy in the suit?
;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home