Still rambling

Friday, June 02, 2006

update from almost two weeks ago

I started this on Friday June 2nd ..... have not been in a blogging mode lately, for some reason.... HONESTLY!!!!!!! to quote Beth Fisher!

so here's what I wrote almost 2 weeks ago :


well.... life is coming back to some semblance of normal ( whatever THAT is, to quote Shelley Riimand ) ... Wednesday after I got home to my place in Brantford, my dad and my son and I installed two window air conditioners, had supper with the kids, took the kids home and then just sat around talking. It was good to just talk. Thursday morning, Dad and I did a bunch of tidying up ( since I'd been away so much, the back room and my office were pretty much a cyclone zone ) ..... loaded up the car and came to Belleville.

Mom was glad to get us home.... it's easier for her to worry for me HERE, than to worry about me 3 hours away in Brantford.... I find I can worry when I am anywhere, but that is just me!
Mom is taking charge of the recovery though, which is really neat... I have a Chiropractor appt today, to get some of the head aches dealt with hopefully.... have an appt with a podiatrist next week, and in between, I'm having to regularly soak my feet, and comb my hair....

It's been a weird few days, and there are times when I just shake my head and go.. how'd I get here again?? regardless, there's a real sense that God is in complete control, and that in the end, the journey will have been worth it.

I am missing my kids immensely.... I find it ironic, that the longer time goes on, ( I've been on my own since 2001 ) ... the harder it is to be away from my kids. I figured it'd get easier. I have a very close relationship with my kids and I spose that is why it's not easier to be away from them.

I've found the last 2 years, living in one town while boarding and working 250 kms away, has really taken it's toll on me. I find it frustrating most days, trying to remember if I have everything I should, if I need to bring dress clothes for the weekend, etc etc etc

1 Comments:

At June 15, 2006 9:09 a.m. , Blogger Joyce Marks said...

It's good to have you blogging again...Are you still hungry? lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home