Still rambling

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Hot Shot


so Saturday, when I delivered the BB's to my son... I took a few shots... It was kinda sweet... my son had never seen a gun in my hands before, and I don't think I ever told him that I'd been a riflery teacher at camp maaaaaaany years ago.... anyway.. he showed me how to hold the gun, how to aim, and then I took 5 shots.. and hit the can ever time....

then I started to get cocky and put the can on it's side... and shot at the end... i guess I shouldn't have gloated but it felt good to impress a 15 year old!!

3 Comments:

At April 11, 2006 5:20 p.m. , Blogger Angela said...

This reminds me of my ex-husband taking me to the handgun range when we were dating. He was explaining how to use the sites on the drive there and I told him I'd be fine because I'd played Duck Hunt on Nintendo (I didn't tell him of my childhood growing up with BB and pellet guns in my hands). Anyhow, we got to the range and on my first try I hit the target 10/10. He was proud and embarrassed at the same time as he wasn't shooting quite as accurately.

 
At April 14, 2006 12:01 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

last i saw my dad with a gun he blasted a racoon with a 12 guage out of a tree... then i had to clean up what was left of the animal... me = less the impressed

last time before that, Uncle Doug Bowker was down with the kids, and we all took turns firing the 12 ga., 20 ga. and the .22
t'was lots of fun and wasted lots of ammo

i almost bought a .223 rifle, but then realized i like playing WITH ppl while shooting, ppl don't like being on the recieving end of a .223, so now i'm getting into paintball :)

 
At April 15, 2006 1:53 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

HA Sean.... I played paint ball once..... found it TOTALLY stressful! Was hiding in this building, and stuck my head around the corner... and BOOM.... Green paint running down the mask in front of my eyes...

so much for THAT!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home