Still rambling

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

my day

well....sometime between bedtime last night, and the time I woke up this morning, I caught a cold.... and true to male form, I'm a suck today... and grumpy'er than forty bears, to quote Shelley from work!!! Apparently, I should not have gotten up this morning, as I am no more than a walking bad mood..... ( that's not an exact quote!!!! I edited this.. my KIDS may read this! )

so when I feel this lousy, I guess I shouldn't be out inspecting.....
but the day was not a total loss....

at the last inspection I was at.... I got caught.... which means this :
I went to the door, nobody home... left a letter in the door, and proceeded to start measuring and photographing the house....

Mid way through the measuring, they came HOME.... boy, i hate when that happens..... They knew I was coming, so it wasn't THAT bad.. but still... I'm in a mood remember?????

anyway... I spoke to them for a second, and then proceeded to finish measuring.

While I was measuring the back, the dad and the son started carrying in firewood.... which is no big thing really... except that this was a kind gesture.... the dad doesn't live there... it's his ex wife's house... and after bringing his son home ( to his mom's house ), the dad took a few minutes to help carry in wood....

I couldn't let that go..... I said.... you're a better ex husband than I am.... in fact, if my son needs stuff carried in at HIS house... I'll have my ex wife call you....

he thought that was funny......but by the time I'd finished the inspection, I was really impressed with this dad....

Not only was he helping his son with his chores, and getting more time with his kid in the process..... he was very likely heaping coals of fire on the head of someone that likely doesn't love him any more...... it humbled me.....

I pulled him aside as I left and said : I really admire you for doing what you're doing.... it really shows how much you love your son..... GOOD on ya....

He smiled.. and thanked me....

I left there, vowing to be a better dad to my son, and a better ex husband......

see... not everything was lousy today!!

2 Comments:

At March 01, 2006 8:40 p.m. , Blogger jamie said...

Iffen you need coals of fire, wouldn't it be easier just to light up some charcoal?? Have a cookout, enjoy yourself, then heap the coals on the head of someone. Make a day of it.

A lot easier than moving firewood.

 
At March 01, 2006 9:33 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Paul! I always said that you can find blessings in everything, if you look!

Take care of yourself, but above all - DON'T BRING YOUR COLD TO THE OFFICE!!!! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home