Still rambling

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Canada's Medal Count


Well, I gotta admit to you... I am TOTALLY amazed at how well Canada did in the Torino Winter Olympics..... And I'm PROUD!! My friend Don Britton blogged last week that Canada's goal was to get 25 medals .... I actually just shrugged my shoulders when I read that... I honestly didn't think we'd even come close..... Well... We did come close... REALLY close.

Total Medal count was 24 ......

7 Gold
10 Silver
7 Bronze .... Check out the complete Olympic tally
here

and just think.... If Canada's men's hockey team hadn't been smoking pot ( Paul, that wasn't nice ) ... Ok... If Men's Olympic hockey team hadn't been playing with their navels and had CONCENTRATED ( Paul, you're bitter ) ....

ok...

JUST THINK.... If we'd had one more medal... Oh .. Lets say.. From like.... uh...... A men's HOCKEY TEAM.... ( who's annual combined salary was 94 million dollars, earning said money PLAYING HOCKEY PROFESSIONALLY ) ... Say a team like THAT? If THEY had won a medal... Even a BRONZE ..... We'd have reached our goal of 25 medals...

sigh.... I guess I really am cynical!!!!

all that said.... I'm VERY proud of the Canadian Athletes.... And I'm starting to save my loonies.... My kids want to go to Vancouver/Whistler in 2010, for the winter Olympics.....

Anybody want to come with us???

1 Comments:

At March 02, 2006 3:49 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, nice post... and who says you have to save money to go there... if you start hitchhiking a couple weeks before you could probably make it there on time. OR if you start walking in '09 you could make it there for '10 and you'd have covered more distance then Terry fox did :)

And once you got there... you could live in a hostel (is that the right word for a place where homeless ppl stay?) and they'd give you a bed and needles for your heroin addiction.
(i'm not saying paul does drugs other then Buckley's, but they do freely despence needles to the druggies for some odd reason)

And if they find out you aren't really homeless and kick you out, there's always my brother's g/f's house in Abbotsford, you could just go there and say you are the 4th brother, you are adopted and are looking for someplace to stay while you are out there :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home