Still rambling

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Olympic Mens' Hockey ... Bah Humbug


well I won't rag on at length, but let me tell you this : I'm totally disgusted with their calibre of play this year.

With the talent they had on that team, and their ability to score, they should have at least made the games interesting. 11 of the last 12 periods of hockey they played, they never scored one goal. Not one.

Further more, they did not display passion and drive. It was as if they really didn't want it as bad as the others did. I wonder if they were relying purely on talent instead of effort. That is what it looked like to me.

Something I noticed during the week was that they really seemed to be out for a cake walk, and not focused. If you remember the Montreal Canadiens, back in the 70's and 80's, when they got to the play offs, the team was sequestered; They went to a Hotel in Montreal, near the Forum, and were kept together, away from their families, so as to allow them to keep their focus purely on the task at hand.

I didn't get the sense that this was happening in Torino... Hockey Canada paid the way for the team members ( and coaches ) to bring their families to Italy..... and once there, it was like a big holiday. I'm certainly not against family.. I never have ENOUGH time with mine....

but I do know that when they had a task at hand, removing as many distractions as possible might have helped..... next time, maybe we can go to play HOCKEY and not go for a shopping trip in Rome...

TSK!

3 Comments:

At February 25, 2006 8:55 p.m. , Blogger jamie said...

I hear they have a coaching opportunity open......

 
At February 25, 2006 9:39 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There may be a job opening as Exec. Director, too!

 
At February 26, 2006 12:23 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all relative - the outcome isn't so bad, if you're SWEDISH!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home