Still rambling

Saturday, April 29, 2006

CBA Spring Concert





I flew home ( aka... Ford Taurus at break neck speed ) to Brantford Thursday night for 3 hours to the girls Spring Concert at Central Baptist Academy. Anna is graduating from grade 8 in June, and this will be her last concert there ... She has played a Artley flute that we bought used two years ago .. it has never played very well.. and she spends a lot of time "repairing" it every time she touches it.... so feeling her frustration, I went in last weekend and put money down on a Yamaha flute... it's not a Gemeinhardt .. but it's a really good instrument just the same! I promised them I'd have it paid off by the time the the spring concert rolled around....I was half way to Peterborough Monday when it dawned on me that the concert was THIS week... oh MAN! SO I called back to the instrument store, gave them my visa # and sent Anna's mom to pick it up for her....

So Thursday night, she was sporting a brand new instrument.. and was Tickled Pink!

3 Comments:

At April 29, 2006 5:21 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

What a Dad!!! I'm sure Anna will remember that for a long time to come!

 
At April 29, 2006 10:12 p.m. , Blogger Angela said...

Glad to hear your daughter first of all knows where her instrument is (seriously, thuogh, you lost a TUBA!!) and secondly is enjoying playing it.

My daughter seems to think that I enjoy paying a rental fee for a clarinet and lessons to boot so that she can be as lazy as me and never practice.

Now I know how my parents felt and it sucks.

 
At April 29, 2006 11:23 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

I FOUNDDDDDDDDDDDD the tuba.... it was just hidden in the band room on the base in Trenton... JEEPERS!!

see if I ever tell YOU my secrets again ! lol!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home