Still rambling

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Joey Moss - Edmonton Oilers





Last spring, when the Oilers made their run to ALMOST win the cup, I noticed several times a guy on their bench ..... at first glance, he looks like he has downs syndrome... maybe he does... His name is Joey Moss ... he is the dressing room attendant for the Edmonton Oilers.....

YOU HAVE to read
this link about him.... His sister used to date Wayne Gretzky back in the 80's ... at Wayne's suggestion, they invited Joey to be their dressing room attendant.... His story is incredible... he has changed the Edmonton Oiler organization for the better....

Tonight, as I watched the start of the Oiler Calgary game on tv, I watched him sing O Canada..... I almost cried watching him BELT it out with all his heart....

When you see a guy like that, with THAT much heart... it is inspiring.

1 Comments:

At October 06, 2006 8:32 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Yes, he does have Down's Syndrome. I've heard his story and I have a lot of respect for him.

He's a staple in the Oilers dressing room and they wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm sure Wayne Gretzky would love to have him in Phoenix!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home