Still rambling

Sunday, February 12, 2006

One Night Stand


I would have had two, but I didn't have the money.....


When I moved into this town house back in June of 04, I got the townhouse 2 weeks before I moved.....I set up a bed in the basement ( a bed from Value Village with a new mattress on it ) ... and camped in the office in the basement until I could get my furniture moved from Lindsay.

The day I showed my kids the town house, the 3 bedrooms upstairs were empty, and the only room occupied in the entire house was where the bed was. THEY figured that they each would get a bedroom... since the girls have always shared a room, they were eccstatic.... sigh... I didn't have the heart to "not" let them have their own rooms.... so I stayed in the basement. Since beds were at a premium, I slept on the pull out couch...... sagging badly... to the point that my behind would often rest on the floor, while I was sleeping in the middle of the bed...... aaaaaaaaaanyway..... in November this past year, Mom and Dad bought me a really nice new bed..... so the " office " is now my bedroom and my office....

I've been using a chair for a night stand. but I keep breaking the light bulbs in my light, cause the chair us uneven, and the light keeps falling onto the floor.... not to mention my water bottle, the remote, my glasses, and my duct tape ( YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT CLOSE BY JUST IN CASE )

anyway, I went to Walmart yesterday, bought the above seen night stand.... it is actually a filing cabinet, quite pretty actually.... made from high quality cardboard, with a nice maple veneer finish...... will last about a month, if I put FILES in it.......... but it'll last me years and years, to put my glasses and my teeth on at night!!!!

3 Comments:

At February 12, 2006 5:31 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! My butt sags on the floor when I sleep too! I've never been smart enough to blame the BED!! (You're always thinkin!)

 
At February 13, 2006 8:59 a.m. , Blogger Joyce Marks said...

Pretty night stand Paul. And what a wonderful Daddy you are to let the girls have their own rooms. Not to worry though Paul, your secret is safe with me ;)

 
At February 14, 2006 6:38 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been to his condo, and paul is doing the right thing, i'm 21, and if i had to live there, i'd have a hot plate and a bar fridge beside the bed so i would never have to climb all those stairs,you might wonder about the bathroom deal, well i'm a man, and there's a bathroom at work, weekends might be a little difficult, but there's a timmies nearby isn't there? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home