Still rambling

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Good Morning Americans.... it's Friday

for years, when my kids were little, we would listen to Paul Harvey...

I remember on many school mornings, driving them to school .... My fondest memory was on Friday mornings.... As 8:30 approached, I would start warning them to be quieter, and a hush would fall so we could all hear Paul Harvey's famous opening line on his Friday Morning News broadcasts.....

it always started the same way: Good Morning Americans.... it's Friday"


on Friday this week, Paul Harvey spoke those words for the last time....

Never again will a live ABC broadcast start with those words... Good Morning Americans... It's Friday....

nor will we hear his pointed thoughts, the "staccato" punctuation and smooth tone.....

and I will miss hearing ... " And NOW you know... the ressssssssssst of the story...


Paul Harvey died yesterday... at the age of 90 ... having broadcast on ABC radio for more than 50 years.....

His wife, whom her referred to ALWAYS as "Angel" died in May and they are now together again....

Somehow this morning, I envision a radio stream in Heaven..... that began with the words " Good Morning Americans....It's Sunday....

2 Comments:

At March 05, 2009 10:15 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwww I hadn't heard that he died. Thanks for sharing the sad news. I liked Paul Harvey -- he never failed to strike a balance between information and entertainment. Broadcasting has lost a great man!
Mary E.

 
At March 07, 2009 5:47 p.m. , Blogger Pebble Princess said...

I should have known you would love Paul Harvey too. I posted his departure on Facebook in my news feed as soon as I heard.

Good Day!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home