Still rambling

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Witness

So last night, I took my son and his friend Keeton downtown..... They'd heard about this place where younger teens hang out, and where "up and coming bands" play ....there was no drinking, or so they said .....
I was pretty leary... but I drove them down at least to see:

When we got there, there were kids everywhere..... 50 or 75 of them, sitting and standing on the street and sidewalk.... rock music ( or some semblance thereof ) was blaring through the door of this little cafe....

At that point, Taylor and Keeton were almost as leary as me... but thought they might stay for a few minutes... so I stuck around...

While I was sitting in my car ( with my hands over my ears trying to drown out the horrid music ) I heard a huge crash behind me..... CAR ACCIDENT! COOL!

I jumped out and headed over to see... Debris everywhere, hub cap in the middle of the street.... it was exciting, and there I was with no camera ... sigh...

Anyway, to make a long story short... a young couple, turning left were clipped by a guy, driving a SAAB, coming up the one way street behind them....
I think he moved into the very left lane... to go around them...but it wasn't a lane... it was a parking lane... and the couple turned left in front of him..
THEY were in the proper lane... as far as I can tell..

anyway, I stuck around... the SAAB guy ( is that spelled right? ) was pretty cranky... and the young couple were really distressed... I helped them get the information, told them to take pictures of the point of impact and the debris..... and then I gave them my card.... and offered to be a witness.... First thing this morning, I called the police station and asked if I could join the witness protection program..... but so far, they've not called me back!!!

While we were all standing there, trying to piece together what happened some guy, walking along the street, somewhat inebriated, came along and wanting desperately to help, walked into the street and picks up the hub cap....

As he's coming back over to the side of the street, a Jeep Grand Cherokee rolls up to the line, and since the light was red, they stopped!..... Mr Inebriated walks up to them, and hands them the hubcap!!

I came along, and the guy in the Jeep is holding the hub cap out the window laughing...

WHY did he give this to ME?

I said " Maybe the Downtown Merchant's Association would like you to have that as a souvernir of your visit!?!?!

Anyway, he hands me back the hubcap, and I walked over to Mr Inebriated.....

As I got there, he spots me with the hubcap and says : YOU THE DRIVER??? DID YOU GET HIT????

no!

just then, the light changed and the Jeep Cherokee drove off...... Mr Inebriated looks at me, then at the hubcap in my hand, and then at the Jeep driving off and with great big eyes... says... " WELLLL .....Its a HIT AND RUN BOYS... A HIT AND RUN!!!! "

I pointed at the young couple standing beside me, and at their car parked around the corner and said uh.. sir ( and I used the term loosely ) ... This is the driver... and that is their car over there!

OH!

sigh.....only in Brantford!!

4 Comments:

At April 02, 2006 12:50 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

car accidents where no one is hurt are the best..

did i tell you a couple weeks ago i was driving home and i saw a red light in a ditch? and it ended up being a Protege on it's roof facing the wrong with with 2 ladies hanging from their seatbelts screaming for help, i got to make my first 911 call ever t'was cool, they ended up undoing themselves and landing on their heads when they fell hahaha...

anyways.. always feels good to be a "witness", oh and if you didn't actually see the accident first hand...they don't care much... i never got a call for any info either :(

and it IS called Saab = good vehicles

 
At April 02, 2006 7:39 a.m. , Blogger Carol said...

What happened to Taylor?????? Finish the story?!!?!?!

 
At April 02, 2006 7:50 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

You DO lead an exciting life!

 
At April 02, 2006 8:11 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a SAAB story! (did that for Jamie) Yes, what happened at the cafe with the boys??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home